As a homeowner, you expect your house to thoroughly protect you, your family, and your belongings from all outside threats, including unwanted wildlife. If you want to ensure that your family members are the only ones taking up residence inside your home, our team here at A-1 Wildlife Control encourages you to take some basic rodent prevention measures.
Here are five simple rodent prevention strategies you can utilize to keep your home pest-free:
- Repair or seal entry points. Carefully walk around your home and identify any gaps or holes in your walls, ceilings, doorways, and floors. Then, use the appropriate materials to block off these potential entry points.
- Promptly put food away. When you’re finished eating a meal or snack, make sure to put away leftover food and store items in airtight containers to prevent rodents from smelling these tempting treats.
- Keep larger bushes and plants away from your house. Small critters may choose to take up residence in overgrown areas, and keeping these types of plants away from your house will prevent them from sneaking indoors.
- Install protective solutions. Installing simple things like screens, door sweeps, and chimney caps can further protect your home from possible rodent entry points. If you want to keep rodents away from your property, you can also get secure garbage bins that aren’t easy for raccoons or possums to open.
- Don’t wait to call a professional. If you’re concerned about rodent prevention, don’t hesitate to reach out to an animal control expert. Simply give our team a call today to regain control of your home and say goodbye to pesky rodents for good!